phpBB 3.2.0 to 3.2.2, HTTPS, max width & flags

Anything that is not directly about specific Heartfield-related guitars or basse, or that is about the Forum or the site itself
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

phpBB 3.2.0 to 3.2.2, HTTPS, max width & flags

Post by Richard »

With a more-than-usual degree of trepidation I did another board software update, from phpBB 3.2.0 to 3.2.2. In the back of my mind I still had all-too-fresh memories of July last year, when a disastrous update resulted in the entire board getting screwed up and me needing to do a full re-install with all posts and users lost. But this time it worked out fine so PHEW!

I am also employing SSL (Secure Sockets Layers) on the site now, which should be visible in your browser by a green lock before the URL area. This use of HTTPS (secure web traffic) will make all connections secure, and will additionally yield a higher Google search ranking.

I have also added an extension where you can enable the forum to optionally use the entire available page width. This can be found in User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Use Maximum Width.

Lastly, I have added the ability to add a country flag to your profile. Nothing major, but nice.
--
Black Fender-labelled DR-6
Warmoth-based Fender Stratocaster
Positive Grid Spark 40 amp
Looking for a black Fender-labelled Talon V
http://www.karsmakers.nl

Return to “General”