Heartfield Forum 2.0

Anything that is not directly about specific Heartfield-related guitars or basse, or that is about the Forum or the site itself
Richard
Site Admin
Netherlands

Heartfield Forum 2.0

Post by Richard »

In September 2004 I started the Heartfield Central (now Heartfield Guitars) site. Within a few weeks it also included a forum based on the open source phpBB software. Through the years it served us well, though the many updates that came and went did sometimes diminish the overall experience with little bugs or other problems. The update from 2.x to 3.x, for example, rid the board of Avatar functionality. The update from 3.1.x to 3.2.x threw up many more problems, in the end resulting in the entire board looking very bad. I jumped high and low to see if things could be fixed, but a completely new installation without any of the database content (i.e. the existing users and all the messages they had posted) turned out to be the only solution.
Needless to say I disliked that very much. In fact I was gutted. For the past nearly 13 years, the Heartfield Guitars Forum was the place to go to find out everything you needed to know, or find fellow Heartfield enthusiasts.

So here we have it: Heartfield Guitars Forum 2.0. Completely empty, without any registered users and without any posted content. I hope all previous users will find it again, and slowly but surely populate the empty skeleton that now stands before you.

Hope to meet you again some day soon!
--
Black Fender-labelled DR-6
Warmoth-based Fender Stratocaster
Positive Grid Spark 40 amp
Looking for a black Fender-labelled Talon V
http://www.karsmakers.nl
taiiirmb
United States of America

Re: Heartfield Forum 2.0

Post by taiiirmb »

I'm back. Sorry to hear of the loss of previous posts. lot's of good material there. We will just have to get some new forums going. i hope all is well with you, Rich.
aliensporebomb
Heartfield Novice
United States of America

Re: Heartfield Forum 2.0

Post by aliensporebomb »

Geez and my email account my account was associated with evaporated so it took me forever to get back here. Hello!

Return to “General”